Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mo-Kitties, Mo-Problems - Space

When caring for multiple cats space is a big concern. Too little space can cause conflict, and I don't think anyone would say you can have too much space. It's important to use the space you have efficiently. My husband, kitties and I live in a 3 floor condo. There are two bedrooms (on the top floor), 1 full 2 half baths, and a basement. Our main floor has our galley kitchen and a living/dining combo. We shrunk the available space even more, because we do not allow our kitties in the basement. We weren't originally concerned about the basement, but we have discovered places that the cats could hide and get trapped down there. So, for our cats safety and our piece of mind the basement is off-limits and is strictly the man-cave.

We are lucky in that we have a spare bedroom. AND, I am lucky in that my husband let me turn it into a cat room. This room is dedicated to my babies. It houses their litter boxes, food stations, and it will soon be equipped with cat shelves! Cat shelves are a great way to create more space by adding a vertical environment. I bought some shelves and brackets at home depot and am in the process of carpeting and then installing the shelves. I will post pictures once the shelves are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment